Tractor trailer crash along Vine Street, Schuylkill Expressway
CENTER CITY - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A minor tractor-trailer accident caused some major traffic alerts along the Vine Street and Schuylkill expressways.
It happened around 4:30 Saturday morning.
Police say the saddle tank of the tractor was punctured, causing diesel fuel to spill on the roadway.
A sand struck and a big rig tow truck were both called in to clear the scene and remove the vehicle.
There were several delays in the area for hours but all lanes have since reopened.
philadelphia, center city, vine street expressway, schuylkill expressway, accident, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 53 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 16 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep