1 charged, 2 sought in West Rehoboth, Delaware shooting
WEST REHOBOTH, Del. - May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested one man and are searching for another man and a woman in connection to a shooting in West Rehoboth, Delaware.
It happened around 7:00 Friday night on the 19000 block Duffy Street.
Troopers were called for the report of a fight at a large outdoor party.
Authorities say an initial investigation has revealed that 18-year-old Rakeem. R. Conquest, 23-year-old Derrick Sewell and 22-year-old Precious I. Tiggs arrived to an outdoor party and got into an altercation with the victim.
The altercation turned physical and Conquest allegedly pulled out a gun.
The victim was able to knock the gun to the ground. Police say that's when Sewell pushed the victim back while Tiggs got another gun from the car.
Sewell then allegedly fired the gun, striking the victim in the leg.
The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital.
All three suspects fled the scene but Conquest was later arrested and taken into custody.
Meanwhile police are still searching for Sewell and Tiggs.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Troop 4 Major Crimes Unit at 302-856-5850.
delaware, sussex county, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police