1 charged, 2 sought in West Rehoboth, Delaware shooting
WEST REHOBOTH, Del. - May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested one man and are searching for another man and a woman in connection to a shooting in West Rehoboth, Delaware.
It happened around 7:00 Friday night on the 19000 block Duffy Street.
Troopers were called for the report of a fight at a large outdoor party.
Authorities say an initial investigation has revealed that 18-year-old Rakeem. R. Conquest, 23-year-old Derrick Sewell and 22-year-old Precious I. Tiggs arrived to an outdoor party and got into an altercation with the victim.
The altercation turned physical and Conquest allegedly pulled out a gun.
The victim was able to knock the gun to the ground. Police say that's when Sewell pushed the victim back while Tiggs got another gun from the car.
Sewell then allegedly fired the gun, striking the victim in the leg.
The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital.
All three suspects fled the scene but Conquest was later arrested and taken into custody.
Meanwhile police are still searching for Sewell and Tiggs.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Troop 4 Major Crimes Unit at 302-856-5850.
delaware, sussex county, shooting, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos