1 charged, 2 sought in West Rehoboth, Delaware shooting
WEST REHOBOTH, Del. - May 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested one man and are searching for another man and a woman in connection to a shooting in West Rehoboth, Delaware.
It happened around 7:00 Friday night on the 19000 block Duffy Street.
Troopers were called for the report of a fight at a large outdoor party.
Authorities say an initial investigation has revealed that 18-year-old Rakeem. R. Conquest, 23-year-old Derrick Sewell and 22-year-old Precious I. Tiggs arrived to an outdoor party and got into an altercation with the victim.
The altercation turned physical and Conquest allegedly pulled out a gun.
The victim was able to knock the gun to the ground. Police say that's when Sewell pushed the victim back while Tiggs got another gun from the car.
Sewell then allegedly fired the gun, striking the victim in the leg.
The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital.
All three suspects fled the scene but Conquest was later arrested and taken into custody.
Meanwhile police are still searching for Sewell and Tiggs.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Troop 4 Major Crimes Unit at 302-856-5850.
delaware, sussex county, shooting, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 33 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber