Arrest in stabbing of University of Delaware quarterback
NEWARK, Del. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- An arrest has been made in the stabbing of a quarterback on the University of Delaware football team.
Michael J. Creed, 25 of Dixie Line Road in Newark, is charged with assault and possession of a deadly weapon.
Police say he stabbed and wounded 5th year senior Trevor Sasek, 22, following an argument around 1:20 a.m. on Sunday morning.
That's when officers were called to the parking lot at 54 East Delaware Avenue.
There, they learned Sasek suffered three stab wounds in the chest and abdomen and was driven to the hospital by a private vehicle.
Sasek is now listed in stable condition.
Police say they were able to identify Creed as the suspect thanks to surveillance video that allegedly showed him yelling at a group that included Sasek.
Sasek approached, police say, and Creed leaned into a car and got out again. Then, police say, Creed grabbed Sasek by the shoulder and began to strike him.
Creed ran away and that's when, police say, Sasek noticed he had been stabbed.
Police say they were able to track Creed down and he is now in custody.
delaware, newark, stabbing, local/state
- Fmr. Chester County teacher faces child porn charges 3 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 4 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 16 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 5 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
16 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos