Arrest in stabbing of University of Delaware quarterback
NEWARK, Del. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- An arrest has been made in the stabbing of a quarterback on the University of Delaware football team.
Michael J. Creed, 25 of Dixie Line Road in Newark, is charged with assault and possession of a deadly weapon.
Police say he stabbed and wounded 5th year senior Trevor Sasek, 22, following an argument around 1:20 a.m. on Sunday morning.
That's when officers were called to the parking lot at 54 East Delaware Avenue.
There, they learned Sasek suffered three stab wounds in the chest and abdomen and was driven to the hospital by a private vehicle.
Sasek is now listed in stable condition.
Police say they were able to identify Creed as the suspect thanks to surveillance video that allegedly showed him yelling at a group that included Sasek.
Sasek approached, police say, and Creed leaned into a car and got out again. Then, police say, Creed grabbed Sasek by the shoulder and began to strike him.
Creed ran away and that's when, police say, Sasek noticed he had been stabbed.
Police say they were able to track Creed down and he is now in custody.
delaware, newark, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 16 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts 52 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
17 min ago