Arrest in stabbing of University of Delaware quarterback
NEWARK, Del. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- An arrest has been made in the stabbing of a quarterback on the University of Delaware football team.
Michael J. Creed, 25 of Dixie Line Road in Newark, is charged with assault and possession of a deadly weapon.
Police say he stabbed and wounded 5th year senior Trevor Sasek, 22, following an argument around 1:20 a.m. on Sunday morning.
That's when officers were called to the parking lot at 54 East Delaware Avenue.
There, they learned Sasek suffered three stab wounds in the chest and abdomen and was driven to the hospital by a private vehicle.
Sasek is now listed in stable condition.
Police say they were able to identify Creed as the suspect thanks to surveillance video that allegedly showed him yelling at a group that included Sasek.
Sasek approached, police say, and Creed leaned into a car and got out again. Then, police say, Creed grabbed Sasek by the shoulder and began to strike him.
Creed ran away and that's when, police say, Sasek noticed he had been stabbed.
Police say they were able to track Creed down and he is now in custody.
delaware, newark, stabbing, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 24 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 43 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 11 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 9 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
2 min ago