4 injured in 2-car crash in Fishtown
FISHTOWN - May 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say four people are hospitalized after a 2-car crash in the Fishtown section of Philadelphia Sunday evening.
The accident happened around 7:00 p.m. at East Girard and East Columbia Avenues.
Two cars collided with one car coming to rest against a fence and the other on its roof, police say.
The victims were taken to three area hospitals.
Police say, one victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Another victim, a 40-year-old woman was taken to Hahnemann and is listed as stable.
Two victims were taken to Temple Hospital. A 28-year-old woman is listed as stable and a 29-year-old is listed in serious condition.
The names of the victims have not been released.
Officials say, Columbia/Girard will be closed until sometime Monday.
Police continue to investigate.
accident, fishtown, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 34 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 13 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 21 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 24 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
17 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
14 min ago