Resident jumps from window to escape Wilmington apartment fire
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person living in an apartment complex in Wilmington, Delaware had to jump out of a window to escape a fire early Monday morning.
The victim refused further treatment after being evaluated by emergency workers.
The blaze broke out around 1:20 a.m. in the Trolley Square apartment complex, located on the 1400 block of North Clayton Street.
Fire and smoke badly damaged eight units, where ten people lived before crews managed to place the blaze under control at 1:56 a.m.
The Red Cross is finding temporary shelter for one of the residents.
Investigators are looking for the cause.
wilmington, delaware, fire, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos