Resident jumps from window to escape Wilmington apartment fire
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person living in an apartment complex in Wilmington, Delaware had to jump out of a window to escape a fire early Monday morning.
The victim refused further treatment after being evaluated by emergency workers.
The blaze broke out around 1:20 a.m. in the Trolley Square apartment complex, located on the 1400 block of North Clayton Street.
Fire and smoke badly damaged eight units, where ten people lived before crews managed to place the blaze under control at 1:56 a.m.
The Red Cross is finding temporary shelter for one of the residents.
Investigators are looking for the cause.
wilmington, delaware, fire, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 18 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
14 min ago