Boy dies after found hanging from curtain in Reading
READING, Pa. - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Reading are investigating the death of a 7-year-old boy who was found hanging from a curtain while playing with his brother.
Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams says investigators are trying to determine for certain if the death of Josiah W. Boggs was a freak accident as his family has said. He was found hanging form a curtain in a closet while playing with brother, who's also 7.
Family members say the other brother told them something had happened to Josiah and they found the boy hanging in the closet. His father, Chris Boggs, says the boy may have fashioned a swing out of a pole and a curtain.
The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead Saturday afternoon.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, child death, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 23 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 42 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
24 min ago