3 shot inside North Philly Chinese restaurant
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for several suspects after three people were shot during a robbery attempt at a restaurant in North Philadelphia.
Investigators say three men entered the Chinese takeout restaurant on the 2500 block of N 5th Street around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday and opened fire during the attempted robbery of three customers. Two of the men who were shot are in stable condition and a third, a 22-year-old man, has suffered critical injuries.
Philadelphia police Chief Inspector Scott Small says the third victim is fighting for his life at a hospital. Investigators say one of the men injured may be one of the suspects involved. The other suspects fled in a car.
Taken was a cell phone and $20.
Police say they recovered 15 shell casings at the scene and they will be reviewing video from a store surveillance camera, which captured the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
50 min ago