3 shot inside North Philly Chinese restaurant
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for several suspects after three people were shot during a robbery attempt at a restaurant in North Philadelphia.
Investigators say three men entered the Chinese takeout restaurant on the 2500 block of N 5th Street around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday and opened fire during the attempted robbery of three customers. Two of the men who were shot are in stable condition and a third, a 22-year-old man, has suffered critical injuries.
Philadelphia police Chief Inspector Scott Small says the third victim is fighting for his life at a hospital. Investigators say one of the men injured may be one of the suspects involved. The other suspects fled in a car.
Taken was a cell phone and $20.
Police say they recovered 15 shell casings at the scene and they will be reviewing video from a store surveillance camera, which captured the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, north philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police