Father of NJ boy who shot playmate is charged
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey man whose 4-year-old son shot and killed a 6-year-old playmate has been criminally charged and is due in court later this week.
Prosecutors say Anthony Senatore had multiple unsecured weapons accessible to children in his Toms River home.
Authorities say Senatore's son took a loaded .22-caliber rifle from a bedroom on April 8 and fired a shot, fatally wounding neighbor Brandon Holt while they were playing outdoors.
Officials say four shotguns were found close to ammunition and accessible to Senatore's three children. Senatore's other children are 12 and 8.
Senatore was arrested late Monday. He's charged with child endangerment and enabling access by minors to a loaded firearm. He's due in court Thursday.
His attorney declined to comment Tuesday.
shooting, toms river, children, new jersey, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings