Delanco, New Jersey, cop and suspect shot during struggle
DELANCO, N.J. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delanco police officer and the suspect he was struggling with were both shot early Tuesday morning.
The incident happened around 3:45 a.m. in the 400 block of Delaware Avenue.
According to the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office, it all began with a 911 call from a resident there for a man who was causing a disturbance in the street.
Officer Frank Ambrifi arrived on the scene, encountered the 21-year-old man, and a struggle ensued.
Ambrifi fired his weapon and hit the man more than once, the prosecutor's office said.
Also during the struggle, Ambrifi's service revolver went off, hitting him in the knee.
Ambrifi was taken to Cooper University Hospital for surgery. He is expected to make a full recovery.
The 21-year-old man is listed in critical but stable condition.
That man's name has not been released.
shooting, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man