Prostitution, drug bust at New Jersey senior center
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested three people following allegations of prostitution and drug use at a senior citizen housing complex in northern New Jersey.
Authorities have charged 75-year-old James Parham and 66-year-old Cheryl Chaney with possessing drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug nuisance at the Vincente Tibbs Senior Citizen Building in Englewood.
Detective Capt. Timothy Torell tells The Record newspaper Parham also admitted providing prostitutes to some of his younger neighbors.
Police also charged 54-year-old Selma McDuffie, who has been suspended as a school crossing guard, with having a crack pipe.
Chief Arthur O'Keefe tells the newspaper residents were essentially prisoners in their own building.
The Englewood Housing Authority manages the 152-unit property, which serves the disabled and low-income residents who are 62 years and older.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, illegal drugs, prostitution, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 32 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies