Pennsylvania teacher offered grades for sex, police say
WEST SUNBURY, Pa. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suspended western Pennsylvania high school English teacher has been jailed on charges he sent sexually-charged text messages to five students, and fondled or had sexual contact with some of the girls, including one whose grade he promised to improve in exchange for a sex act.
The attorney for 26-year-old Jonathan Crum, of Slippery Rock, didn't immediately return a call Tuesday on charges filed Monday by state police. Crum was jailed unable to post $100,000 bail.
Police say the contact took place at Moniteau High School about 35 miles north of Pittsburgh since 2009.
Police believe there may be other victims in the case and say they filed the charges after interviewing the current and former students last month.
School officials say they're cooperating with the investigation. Crum faces a preliminary hearing May 23.
pennsylvania, school, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 58 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 14 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos