Police investigate robbery at Newark payday loan store
NEWARK, Del. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a robbery at a payday loan store in Newark, Delaware Tuesday morning.
The incident happened around 11:00 a.m. at the Check N' Go store, located in the unit block of Chestnut Hill Plaza.
Police say a man armed with an unknown type of hand gun, entered the store and demanded money.
The employee handed over an unknown amount of cash and the man fled on foot.
The suspect is described as a white male, wearing a mask and all dark clothing.
Police say, no one was injured and they are investigating.
robbery, newark, delaware, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 33 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 35 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 44 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 34 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
33 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
35 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
44 min ago