Police investigate robbery at Newark payday loan store
NEWARK, Del. - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a robbery at a payday loan store in Newark, Delaware Tuesday morning.
The incident happened around 11:00 a.m. at the Check N' Go store, located in the unit block of Chestnut Hill Plaza.
Police say a man armed with an unknown type of hand gun, entered the store and demanded money.
The employee handed over an unknown amount of cash and the man fled on foot.
The suspect is described as a white male, wearing a mask and all dark clothing.
Police say, no one was injured and they are investigating.
robbery, newark, delaware, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed