Stuck truck fails to clear Spring Garden overpass
PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews worked to free a truck that became stuck under an overpass in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia Police and firefighters were called to the intersection of 9th and Spring Garden Streets around 11:30 a.m.
Officials say the 18-wheeler was too tall for the overpass and struck the bridge.
There were no reports of injuries.
It took crews several hours to clear the scene. The road was back open by 3:00 p.m.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, spring garden, philadelphia, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot 9 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 6 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 46 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
6 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
46 min ago