Stuck truck fails to clear Spring Garden overpass
PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews worked to free a truck that became stuck under an overpass in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia Police and firefighters were called to the intersection of 9th and Spring Garden Streets around 11:30 a.m.
Officials say the 18-wheeler was too tall for the overpass and struck the bridge.
There were no reports of injuries.
It took crews several hours to clear the scene. The road was back open by 3:00 p.m.
The accident remains under investigation.
accident, spring garden, philadelphia, local/state
- Comfortable, but breezy. 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 59 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
14 min ago