Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
PHILADELPHIA - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 5-year-old girl is hospitalized after falling from a second floor window in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Saturday.
It happened in the 2100 block of Manton Street around 4:00 p.m.
Police say the child fell anywhere between 15 to 20 feet from the window, but a metal awning on the first floor broke her fall.
The child is being treated at Children's Hospital for minor cuts and bruises.
The Philadelphia Police Special Victims' Unit is investigating the incident.
children, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 54 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases