Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
PHILADELPHIA - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 5-year-old girl is hospitalized after falling from a second floor window in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Saturday.
It happened in the 2100 block of Manton Street around 4:00 p.m.
Police say the child fell anywhere between 15 to 20 feet from the window, but a metal awning on the first floor broke her fall.
The child is being treated at Children's Hospital for minor cuts and bruises.
The Philadelphia Police Special Victims' Unit is investigating the incident.
children, philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 34 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 56 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish