Police fire shots at armed suspect in Parkside
PARKSIDE - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police fired shots at an armed suspect following a chase in the city's Parkside section early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight on the 5000 block of Kershaw Street.
Police say they stopped a 19-year-old male, thinking he was younger for a curfew violation when he broke away and started to run.
The male then pointed a weapon at police, officials say, and police then fired four shots, missing the suspect.
According to police, the suspect was chased on foot into a fenced backyard, where he climbed up to a roof area.
A police helicopter assisted in finding the suspect on the roof.
He was apprehended and taken into custody.
The suspect suffered a back injuring during the chase.
No police were hurt and the investigation continues.
shooting, parkside, police, philadelphia, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
25 min ago