Police fire shots at armed suspect in Parkside
PARKSIDE - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police fired shots at an armed suspect following a chase in the city's Parkside section early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight on the 5000 block of Kershaw Street.
Police say they stopped a 19-year-old male, thinking he was younger for a curfew violation when he broke away and started to run.
The male then pointed a weapon at police, officials say, and police then fired four shots, missing the suspect.
According to police, the suspect was chased on foot into a fenced backyard, where he climbed up to a roof area.
A police helicopter assisted in finding the suspect on the roof.
He was apprehended and taken into custody.
The suspect suffered a back injuring during the chase.
No police were hurt and the investigation continues.
shooting, parkside, police, philadelphia, local/state
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 35 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 22 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape