Police fire shots at armed suspect in Parkside
PARKSIDE - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police fired shots at an armed suspect following a chase in the city's Parkside section early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight on the 5000 block of Kershaw Street.
Police say they stopped a 19-year-old male, thinking he was younger for a curfew violation when he broke away and started to run.
The male then pointed a weapon at police, officials say, and police then fired four shots, missing the suspect.
According to police, the suspect was chased on foot into a fenced backyard, where he climbed up to a roof area.
A police helicopter assisted in finding the suspect on the roof.
He was apprehended and taken into custody.
The suspect suffered a back injuring during the chase.
No police were hurt and the investigation continues.
shooting, parkside, police, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 53 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
53 min ago