Police search for burglar posing as Comcast worker in Delaware
NEW CASTLE COUNTY, Del.- May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in New Castle County, Delaware have released a sketch of a suspected burglar who posed as a cable worker.
Police say they were responding to reports of several burglaries on Saturday within the Longview Farms and Highland Woods in Wilmington, Delaware.
When officers arrived, they learned that several homes had been burglarized and one of the victims may have come face to face with the suspect.
The victim told police, he returned home to find a suspicious man on his property. The man told him, he worked for Comcast and then he left.
He was seen driving an older-model; light blue Dodge Intrepid with Pennsylvania plates.
The vehicle was described as having a spare tire on the front passenger side and white on the rear and front bumpers.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years of age, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, with long reddish brown hair with a goatee. He was seen wearing tan cargo pants and a light colored shirt.
Police are seeking the public's help and want to hear from anyone who may have seen a man who resembles the sketch.
new castle county, burglary, delaware, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 37 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 24 min ago