Police search for burglar posing as Comcast worker in Delaware
NEW CASTLE COUNTY, Del.- May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in New Castle County, Delaware have released a sketch of a suspected burglar who posed as a cable worker.
Police say they were responding to reports of several burglaries on Saturday within the Longview Farms and Highland Woods in Wilmington, Delaware.
When officers arrived, they learned that several homes had been burglarized and one of the victims may have come face to face with the suspect.
The victim told police, he returned home to find a suspicious man on his property. The man told him, he worked for Comcast and then he left.
He was seen driving an older-model; light blue Dodge Intrepid with Pennsylvania plates.
The vehicle was described as having a spare tire on the front passenger side and white on the rear and front bumpers.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years of age, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, with long reddish brown hair with a goatee. He was seen wearing tan cargo pants and a light colored shirt.
Police are seeking the public's help and want to hear from anyone who may have seen a man who resembles the sketch.
new castle county, burglary, delaware, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 26 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 37 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 47 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 47 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 34 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
26 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
37 min ago