Police search for burglar posing as Comcast worker in Delaware
NEW CASTLE COUNTY, Del.- May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in New Castle County, Delaware have released a sketch of a suspected burglar who posed as a cable worker.
Police say they were responding to reports of several burglaries on Saturday within the Longview Farms and Highland Woods in Wilmington, Delaware.
When officers arrived, they learned that several homes had been burglarized and one of the victims may have come face to face with the suspect.
The victim told police, he returned home to find a suspicious man on his property. The man told him, he worked for Comcast and then he left.
He was seen driving an older-model; light blue Dodge Intrepid with Pennsylvania plates.
The vehicle was described as having a spare tire on the front passenger side and white on the rear and front bumpers.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years of age, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, with long reddish brown hair with a goatee. He was seen wearing tan cargo pants and a light colored shirt.
Police are seeking the public's help and want to hear from anyone who may have seen a man who resembles the sketch.
new castle county, burglary, delaware, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 5 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad