Police search for burglar posing as Comcast worker in Delaware
NEW CASTLE COUNTY, Del.- May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in New Castle County, Delaware have released a sketch of a suspected burglar who posed as a cable worker.
Police say they were responding to reports of several burglaries on Saturday within the Longview Farms and Highland Woods in Wilmington, Delaware.
When officers arrived, they learned that several homes had been burglarized and one of the victims may have come face to face with the suspect.
The victim told police, he returned home to find a suspicious man on his property. The man told him, he worked for Comcast and then he left.
He was seen driving an older-model; light blue Dodge Intrepid with Pennsylvania plates.
The vehicle was described as having a spare tire on the front passenger side and white on the rear and front bumpers.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30-40 years of age, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, with long reddish brown hair with a goatee. He was seen wearing tan cargo pants and a light colored shirt.
Police are seeking the public's help and want to hear from anyone who may have seen a man who resembles the sketch.
new castle county, burglary, delaware, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 23 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 24 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos