3 women charged in TJ Maxx theft, high speed pursuit
EXTON, Pa. - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three women are facing charges after allegedly stealing thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Chester County TJ Maxx, then leading police on a high speed multi-state pursuit on Tuesday.
26-year-old Tara Jenkins of Glenside, Pennsylvania, 25-year-old Tylisa Williams and 24-year-old Shadeya Granger, both of Philadelphia, are currently being held in Maryland and are awaiting extradition back to Pennsylvania.
It was 2:48 p.m. when West Whiteland Township Police responded to the TJ Maxx store in Exton for a report of a theft.
Arriving officers were told by an employee that three women stole numerous purses and clothing from the store, and were last seen fleeing the area in a black 2009 Lexus.
Officers patrolling the area spotted the suspects and attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver of the Lexus sped off. Officers from several departments joined the chase before the pursuit was called off as a safety precaution.
The suspects were last seen entering Maryland, so Chester County authorties notified Maryland State Police about the vehicle entering their jurisdiction. A short time later, a Maryland State Trooper found the vehicle in the parking lot of the Hollywood Casino in Perryville.
Jenkins, Williams and Granger were located and subsequently arrested.
Police recovered merchandise valued at approximately $7,000 inside the vehicle, included a large amount of Michael Kors handbags.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, police chase, local/state
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 21 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion