3 women charged in TJ Maxx theft, high speed pursuit
EXTON, Pa. - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three women are facing charges after allegedly stealing thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Chester County TJ Maxx, then leading police on a high speed multi-state pursuit on Tuesday.
26-year-old Tara Jenkins of Glenside, Pennsylvania, 25-year-old Tylisa Williams and 24-year-old Shadeya Granger, both of Philadelphia, are currently being held in Maryland and are awaiting extradition back to Pennsylvania.
It was 2:48 p.m. when West Whiteland Township Police responded to the TJ Maxx store in Exton for a report of a theft.
Arriving officers were told by an employee that three women stole numerous purses and clothing from the store, and were last seen fleeing the area in a black 2009 Lexus.
Officers patrolling the area spotted the suspects and attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver of the Lexus sped off. Officers from several departments joined the chase before the pursuit was called off as a safety precaution.
The suspects were last seen entering Maryland, so Chester County authorties notified Maryland State Police about the vehicle entering their jurisdiction. A short time later, a Maryland State Trooper found the vehicle in the parking lot of the Hollywood Casino in Perryville.
Jenkins, Williams and Granger were located and subsequently arrested.
Police recovered merchandise valued at approximately $7,000 inside the vehicle, included a large amount of Michael Kors handbags.
pennsylvania, chester county, theft, police chase, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 35 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J. 55 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos