Chris Christie: Frustration fueled weight-loss surgery
PRINCETON, N.J. - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he underwent secret weight-loss surgery because he had been feeling frustrated and angry over his inability to slim down.
The governor told people attending an event at a Princeton bookstore on Tuesday that he got upset with himself when his clothing wouldn't fit.
The Record newspaper reports Christie appeared at the shop with MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski to promote Brzezinski's new book "Obsessed," which includes an interview with Christie about his weight.
The governor says he often hears from people who don't understand the struggle.
Christie says "It's not as simple as, 'Push yourself away from the table and you'll be fine.'?"
In February, he had a band surgically placed around his stomach to restrict how much food he could eat.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
gov. chris christie, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 36 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos