Delaware chiropractor pleads guilty in underwear thefts
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former chiropractor has pleaded guilty in the theft of women's underwear.
Sean Maas pleaded guilty Monday to two counts of third-degree burglary in New Castle County Superior Court. In exchange, prosecutors dropped other burglary and theft charges.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that the 40-year-old Newark man faces up to three years in prison, but under guidelines he is likely to get probation.
State officials suspended Maas' chiropractor's license last year after he was arrested on burglary and peeping charges. Police say Maas stole clothing and lingerie from a Newark home where five college-age women lived and was seen peering into a window at the home. A month later, he was arrested again on charges of breaking into an acquaintance's Greenville home to steal women's underwear.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, theft, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases