AP Source: Rutgers makes Louisville's Hermann athletic director
May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Rutgers has hired Julie Hermann from the University of Louisville to be its new athletic director.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the school was still working on an official announcement.
The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., first reported the hire.
Hermmann has been the Cardinals' senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator. She becomes the third female athletic director at a school among the 124 playing at college football's top tier.
Rutgers has been looking for a new AD since Tim Pernetti resigned on April 5, part of the fallout from the Mike Rice scandal.
Rice, the former men's basketball coach, was fired when a video of him pushing, kicking and throwing balls at players became public.
new jersey, rutgers university, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 59 min ago
- Windy and cold today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 7 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 34 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 10 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 50 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
2 min ago