AP Source: Rutgers makes Louisville's Hermann athletic director
May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Rutgers has hired Julie Hermann from the University of Louisville to be its new athletic director.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the school was still working on an official announcement.
The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., first reported the hire.
Hermmann has been the Cardinals' senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator. She becomes the third female athletic director at a school among the 124 playing at college football's top tier.
Rutgers has been looking for a new AD since Tim Pernetti resigned on April 5, part of the fallout from the Mike Rice scandal.
Rice, the former men's basketball coach, was fired when a video of him pushing, kicking and throwing balls at players became public.
new jersey, rutgers university, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 24 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard