AP Source: Rutgers makes Louisville's Hermann athletic director
May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Rutgers has hired Julie Hermann from the University of Louisville to be its new athletic director.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the school was still working on an official announcement.
The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., first reported the hire.
Hermmann has been the Cardinals' senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator. She becomes the third female athletic director at a school among the 124 playing at college football's top tier.
Rutgers has been looking for a new AD since Tim Pernetti resigned on April 5, part of the fallout from the Mike Rice scandal.
Rice, the former men's basketball coach, was fired when a video of him pushing, kicking and throwing balls at players became public.
new jersey, rutgers university, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia