AP Source: Rutgers makes Louisville's Hermann athletic director
May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A person familiar with the decision says Rutgers has hired Julie Hermann from the University of Louisville to be its new athletic director.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the school was still working on an official announcement.
The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., first reported the hire.
Hermmann has been the Cardinals' senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator. She becomes the third female athletic director at a school among the 124 playing at college football's top tier.
Rutgers has been looking for a new AD since Tim Pernetti resigned on April 5, part of the fallout from the Mike Rice scandal.
Rice, the former men's basketball coach, was fired when a video of him pushing, kicking and throwing balls at players became public.
new jersey, rutgers university, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 15 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier