Arrest in videotaped North Philadelphia assault
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a brutal assault in North Philadelphia, that was caught on video, has been arrested.
Domenic Pesce, 25, of the 1500 block of West Locust Street, was arrested on May 8th after he surrendered to police.
The incident happened at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17th in the 1700 block of Diamond Street.
Philadelphia Police say Pesce is the man seen in a heated argument with a 20-year-old man.
Police say Pesce suddenly punched the 20-year-old in the face, then punched another person who tried to intervene.
The video shows a group surrounding both men and then Pesce appears to kick someone on the ground before calmly walking away.
Police say the 20-year-old man suffered serious injuries, including a broken jaw.
Pesce is charged with aggravated assault and related offenses.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, assault, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 42 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!