Armored car catches fire on I-95 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An armored car caught fire on Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 95 in South Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes.
When rescuers arrived they found a Garda Armored car up in flames.
Firefighters have since extinguished the fire.
The vehicle was hauling money, and State Police were dispatched to await the arrival of another armed car so the money can be transferred.
No injuries were reported and none of the money was lost in the fire.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash