Armored car catches fire on I-95 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An armored car caught fire on Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 95 in South Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes.
When rescuers arrived they found a Garda Armored car up in flames.
Firefighters have since extinguished the fire.
The vehicle was hauling money, and State Police were dispatched to await the arrival of another armed car so the money can be transferred.
No injuries were reported and none of the money was lost in the fire.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids