Armored car catches fire on I-95 in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An armored car caught fire on Wednesday afternoon on Interstate 95 in South Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes.
When rescuers arrived they found a Garda Armored car up in flames.
Firefighters have since extinguished the fire.
The vehicle was hauling money, and State Police were dispatched to await the arrival of another armed car so the money can be transferred.
No injuries were reported and none of the money was lost in the fire.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 17 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed