Woman found dead after fire in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Kennedy Street.
Rescuers arrived to find heavy smoke pouring from the building.
Once they managed to get the flames under control, they went inside and found the woman dead.
There was no immediate word on the identity of the victim.
philadelphia, frankford, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony 50 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 33 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
35 min ago