Woman found dead after fire in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Kennedy Street.
Rescuers arrived to find heavy smoke pouring from the building.
Once they managed to get the flames under control, they went inside and found the woman dead.
There was no immediate word on the identity of the victim.
philadelphia, frankford, fire, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 42 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 50 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
42 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
53 min ago