Woman found dead after fire in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was found dead after a house fire in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
The fire was reported around 1:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Kennedy Street.
Rescuers arrived to find heavy smoke pouring from the building.
Once they managed to get the flames under control, they went inside and found the woman dead.
There was no immediate word on the identity of the victim.
philadelphia, frankford, fire, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ