Quadruple shooting in Southwest Philadelphia under investigation
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Southwest Philadelphia are investigating a shooting that left four people injured Wednesday night.
It happened around 9:25 p.m. along the 2600 block of South Daggett Street.
Police say 27 shots were fired in the incident stretching throughout a five block area.
"Pretty crazy night," Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker said. "This could have been much worse and the public out here has to be outraged."
Three men were shot in the streets.
Authorities say a 26-year-old woman, who was in her second floor bedroom, was struck in the head by a stray bullet.
A 41-year-old man was shot in the shoulder, a 21-year-old man shot in the back and a man in his 20s was shot in the groin and leg.
Police, not waiting for ambulances, drove the victims to the hospital themselves.
The woman and three men are listed in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There is no word on what led to the shootings.
Police are looking into reports that a white or tan vehicle fled the scene heading southbound on South Daggett Street.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed