Quadruple shooting in Southwest Philadelphia under investigation
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Southwest Philadelphia are investigating a shooting that left four people injured Wednesday night.
It happened around 9:25 p.m. along the 2600 block of South Daggett Street.
Police say 27 shots were fired in the incident stretching throughout a five block area.
"Pretty crazy night," Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker said. "This could have been much worse and the public out here has to be outraged."
Three men were shot in the streets.
Authorities say a 26-year-old woman, who was in her second floor bedroom, was struck in the head by a stray bullet.
A 41-year-old man was shot in the shoulder, a 21-year-old man shot in the back and a man in his 20s was shot in the groin and leg.
Police, not waiting for ambulances, drove the victims to the hospital themselves.
The woman and three men are listed in stable condition at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
There is no word on what led to the shootings.
Police are looking into reports that a white or tan vehicle fled the scene heading southbound on South Daggett Street.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 38 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 56 min ago
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 6 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine