Dog shot by police after mauling owner in Mantua
MANTUA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police shot and killed a dog Wednesday night in the Mantua section of Philadelphia.
The incident occurred on the 4200 block of Ogden Street.
Authorities say a pit bull turned on its 21-year-old owner, mauling her with bites to the arms, legs and stomach.
The victim's mother tried to beat the attacking dog off with a frying pan.
When police arrived they shot the dog.
The woman's condition has not been released.
philadelphia, mantua, dog attack, dogs, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 53 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 2 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 30 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 3 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 54 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos