Dog shot by police after mauling owner in Mantua
MANTUA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police shot and killed a dog Wednesday night in the Mantua section of Philadelphia.
The incident occurred on the 4200 block of Ogden Street.
Authorities say a pit bull turned on its 21-year-old owner, mauling her with bites to the arms, legs and stomach.
The victim's mother tried to beat the attacking dog off with a frying pan.
When police arrived they shot the dog.
The woman's condition has not been released.
philadelphia, mantua, dog attack, dogs, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed