Dog shot by police after mauling owner in Mantua
MANTUA - May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police shot and killed a dog Wednesday night in the Mantua section of Philadelphia.
The incident occurred on the 4200 block of Ogden Street.
Authorities say a pit bull turned on its 21-year-old owner, mauling her with bites to the arms, legs and stomach.
The victim's mother tried to beat the attacking dog off with a frying pan.
When police arrived they shot the dog.
The woman's condition has not been released.
philadelphia, mantua, dog attack, dogs, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 10 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 38 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 43 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber