Bicyclist critically injured by tractor-trailer in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man riding his bike was critically injured when he was struck by a tractor-trailer in Philadelphia's Northern Liberties section Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of 2nd and Callowhill streets.
The bicyclist was transported to Hahnemann University Hospital in critical condition.
There is no word on the victim's identity at this time.
Police are investigating.
northern liberties, philadelphia, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 40 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 23 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
23 min ago