Former Delco Little League treasurer admits thefts
MEDIA, Pa. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former treasurer has been sentenced to 36 weekends in jail after she admitted stealing more than $26,000 from a suburban Philadelphia Little League.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 40-year-old Theresa Becker was treasurer of the Ridley Area Little League form October 2010 until September 2012, when officials discovered more than $26,000 missing from the group's checking account.
Authorities say an audit determined that 32 checks had been paid without a signer's authorization, 16 of them made payable to "Theresa Becker" and 14 made payable to cash.
Becker's attorney, Gerry Gebhart, says she made desperate choices because she was in an abusive relationship. Becker apologized in court Wednesday.
She's also been ordered to pay $1,000 a month in restitution until the finds are replaced.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
delaware county, pennsylvania, media, theft, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 2 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
2 min ago