Former Delco Little League treasurer admits thefts
MEDIA, Pa. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former treasurer has been sentenced to 36 weekends in jail after she admitted stealing more than $26,000 from a suburban Philadelphia Little League.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 40-year-old Theresa Becker was treasurer of the Ridley Area Little League form October 2010 until September 2012, when officials discovered more than $26,000 missing from the group's checking account.
Authorities say an audit determined that 32 checks had been paid without a signer's authorization, 16 of them made payable to "Theresa Becker" and 14 made payable to cash.
Becker's attorney, Gerry Gebhart, says she made desperate choices because she was in an abusive relationship. Becker apologized in court Wednesday.
She's also been ordered to pay $1,000 a month in restitution until the finds are replaced.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
delaware county, pennsylvania, media, theft, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 39 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 12 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 37 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 42 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 10 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more