Former Delco Little League treasurer admits thefts
MEDIA, Pa. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former treasurer has been sentenced to 36 weekends in jail after she admitted stealing more than $26,000 from a suburban Philadelphia Little League.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 40-year-old Theresa Becker was treasurer of the Ridley Area Little League form October 2010 until September 2012, when officials discovered more than $26,000 missing from the group's checking account.
Authorities say an audit determined that 32 checks had been paid without a signer's authorization, 16 of them made payable to "Theresa Becker" and 14 made payable to cash.
Becker's attorney, Gerry Gebhart, says she made desperate choices because she was in an abusive relationship. Becker apologized in court Wednesday.
She's also been ordered to pay $1,000 a month in restitution until the finds are replaced.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
delaware county, pennsylvania, media, theft, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 13 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
8 min ago