7-year-old girl struck in Oxford Circle hit-and-run
OXFORD CIRCLE - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old girl is hospitalized after being hit by a vehicle in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia.
The accident was reported around 3:45 p.m. Thursday in the 6200 block of Large Street.
The young girl suffered a broken leg. She is in stable condition at St. Christopher's Hospital.
The vehicle is described as a white SUV, possibly a Kia, with gray front and rear bumpers.
Police described the driver as a white female, in her early 30s, with shoulder length blond hair, between 5'4 and 5'7, small to medium build, last seen wearing a white t-shirt.
Police are investigating.
philadelphia, oxford circle, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 46 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!