Bucks County man to stand trial for death of neighbor
WARMINSTER, Pa. - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man charged with staging a standoff with police that ended in the death of his neighbor will stand trial for murder.
Only Action News was there Thursday as Andrew Cairns entered a Warminster, Pa. courthouse for a preliminary hearing.
Prosecutors say Cairns fired shots on February 19th outside his home at the Jefferson On The Creek Apartments in Warminster.
When Cairns refused to drop his gun, a Warminster police officer fired his own weapon, fatally wounding 89-year-old Marie Zienkewicz.
Cairns, not the officer, has been charged with Zienkewicz's murder because of the legal principle of transferred intent.
pennsylvania, bucks county, standoff, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 8 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 17 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 35 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos