Driver killed in Radnor SUV crash identified
RADNOR, Pa. - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was thrown from his vehicle and killed in a one-vehicle crash in Radnor Township.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. Thursday night on the 1300 block of Eagle Road.
Police say the victim was 18-year-old Paul Lewis Pratt from Radnor. Investigators say Pratt was driving alone Thursday night when he lost control of the vehicle and was ejected. He was apparently not wearing a seatbelt.
It's unclear what caused him to lose control.
Police are investigating. They say there is no evidence that drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident.
Pratt, a junior at Episcopal Academy, was a member of his school's rowing team and was supposed to compete in a regatta starting Friday.
During the day Friday, school officials hastily made arrangements to have the entire junior class bussed to the regatta.
pennsylvania, delaware county, accident, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 53 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 43 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 28 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 58 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
53 min ago