Police ID worker killed in Camden industrial accident
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker has succumbed to his injuries after a concrete barrier collapsed in Camden, New Jersey.
The incident occurred at 8:00 a.m. at Harris Camden Terminal, located on the 2200 block of Mount Ephraim Avenue.
Authorities say 42-year-old Keith Rainer, of Camden, was injured when a concrete barrier, separating two areas, was accidentally pushed over by a front-end loader and falling onto him.
Another worker used a forklift to free Rainer from beneath the slab. He was then taken to Cooper University Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Camden County Police are investigating the incident, but at this point say it appears to have been an industrial accident.
camden, new jersey, collapse, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 30 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act