Police ID worker killed in Camden industrial accident
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A worker has succumbed to his injuries after a concrete barrier collapsed in Camden, New Jersey.
The incident occurred at 8:00 a.m. at Harris Camden Terminal, located on the 2200 block of Mount Ephraim Avenue.
Authorities say 42-year-old Keith Rainer, of Camden, was injured when a concrete barrier, separating two areas, was accidentally pushed over by a front-end loader and falling onto him.
Another worker used a forklift to free Rainer from beneath the slab. He was then taken to Cooper University Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Camden County Police are investigating the incident, but at this point say it appears to have been an industrial accident.
camden, new jersey, collapse, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 15 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 57 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 25 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 7 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 53 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 39 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
38 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos