Man 'peeped' women tanning at gym in Lower Southampton, police say
LOWER SOUTHAMPTON, Pa. - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County man has been arrested and charged for allegedly peeping at women in tanning booths.
Joseph Clarke Jr., 29, of the 1800 block of Bridgetown Pike in Feasterville, was arrested on Thursday and charged with more than two dozen counts of attempted invasion of privacy and related counts.
According to Lower Southampton Police, the investigation began when a woman noticed a hand, holding a phone, reaching over the wall separating the booths at the Planet Fitness located on Brownsville Road.
She reported the incident to club management, who went back to the surveillance video.
According to police, the video showed Clarke following multiple women into the tanning booth section.
Investigators say Clarke was involved in 27 incidents between April 20 and April 25th.
Clarke is being held in lieu of 10% of $500,000 bail.
Police say they have only been able to identify a handful of the women who were involved, including a girl who was under 18.
They are asking anyone who tanned at Planet Fitness, and recognizes Clarke, to contact police at 215 357-7300.
pennsylvania, bucks county, privacy, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply