Workers hurt in crane accident at Wilmington, Delaware factory
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two workers are recovering after a piece of heavy equipment fell from a crane at a Wilmington steel factory.
It happened before 1:30 p.m. Friday at Helmark Steel on Garasches Lane.
Officials say a mechanical failure on a crane caused a 2300-pound crane block to fall 30 feet.
The block brushed both workers on the way down.
The victims were able to climb down from a platform they were standing on.
Medics treated them at the scene.
Both were then taken to Christiana Hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
delaware, accident, wilmington, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book