Pa. woman accused of serving family poison laced burritos
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania woman tried to poison her husband and daughter with burritos laced with prescription medicine.
State police say 41-year-old Ann Marie Haines of Lower Macungie Township, near Allentown, was upset that she hadn't been invited to join her husband and daughter as they went car shopping. She allegedly crushed up the medicine and put it in some black-bean burritos that she served to her family.
Her husband and daughter complained of feeling dizzy and tired.
Officials say that Haines was arraigned Thursday and sent to Lehigh County Prison on $25,000 bail.
It wasn't clear if she has an attorney.
prescriptions, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 45 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 33 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 34 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 38 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
31 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
16 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
24 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
34 min ago