Pa. woman accused of serving family poison laced burritos
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania woman tried to poison her husband and daughter with burritos laced with prescription medicine.
State police say 41-year-old Ann Marie Haines of Lower Macungie Township, near Allentown, was upset that she hadn't been invited to join her husband and daughter as they went car shopping. She allegedly crushed up the medicine and put it in some black-bean burritos that she served to her family.
Her husband and daughter complained of feeling dizzy and tired.
Officials say that Haines was arraigned Thursday and sent to Lehigh County Prison on $25,000 bail.
It wasn't clear if she has an attorney.
prescriptions, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 53 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos