Pa. woman accused of serving family poison laced burritos
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania woman tried to poison her husband and daughter with burritos laced with prescription medicine.
State police say 41-year-old Ann Marie Haines of Lower Macungie Township, near Allentown, was upset that she hadn't been invited to join her husband and daughter as they went car shopping. She allegedly crushed up the medicine and put it in some black-bean burritos that she served to her family.
Her husband and daughter complained of feeling dizzy and tired.
Officials say that Haines was arraigned Thursday and sent to Lehigh County Prison on $25,000 bail.
It wasn't clear if she has an attorney.
prescriptions, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 39 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 52 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
39 min ago