Pa. woman accused of serving family poison laced burritos
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania woman tried to poison her husband and daughter with burritos laced with prescription medicine.
State police say 41-year-old Ann Marie Haines of Lower Macungie Township, near Allentown, was upset that she hadn't been invited to join her husband and daughter as they went car shopping. She allegedly crushed up the medicine and put it in some black-bean burritos that she served to her family.
Her husband and daughter complained of feeling dizzy and tired.
Officials say that Haines was arraigned Thursday and sent to Lehigh County Prison on $25,000 bail.
It wasn't clear if she has an attorney.
prescriptions, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 20 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos