Funeral held for mom, son found dead in home
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Funeral services were held for the New Jersey woman and her son whose bodies were found in their home after a 37-hour hostage standoff last weekend.
Officials say Carmenlita Steven's four surviving children were among those attending Saturday's service for the 44-year-old woman and her 13-year-old son, Quavon Timothy Foster Jones.
Steven's boyfriend had held three of the surviving children hostage during the standoff.
Authorities have said Steven and Jones died from stab wounds on April 25, nearly three weeks before the standoff began May 10.
It ended two days later when hostage-taker Gerald Tyrone Murphy was fatally shot in the head by police who stormed the home.
Authorities have said Murphy killed the pair, but a motive has not been determined.
standoff, homicide, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos