Funeral held for mom, son found dead in home
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - May 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Funeral services were held for the New Jersey woman and her son whose bodies were found in their home after a 37-hour hostage standoff last weekend.
Officials say Carmenlita Steven's four surviving children were among those attending Saturday's service for the 44-year-old woman and her 13-year-old son, Quavon Timothy Foster Jones.
Steven's boyfriend had held three of the surviving children hostage during the standoff.
Authorities have said Steven and Jones died from stab wounds on April 25, nearly three weeks before the standoff began May 10.
It ended two days later when hostage-taker Gerald Tyrone Murphy was fatally shot in the head by police who stormed the home.
Authorities have said Murphy killed the pair, but a motive has not been determined.
standoff, homicide, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police