Woman faces DUI charges after Northeast Philadelphia crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old woman is facing DUI charges after she lost control of her vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say the woman was traveling west in the 2800 block of Welsh Road around 2:30 a.m. Sunday when she lost control and struck a parked truck.
The impact of that crash caused the truck to strike a parked car.
The woman's vehicle then flipped over striking a car traveling east on Welsh Road.
Firefighters freed the woman from her vehicle and she was taken by ambulance to Aria Health Torresdale for non-life-threatening injuries.
No other injuries have been reported.
The name of the driver has not been released.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, DUI, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 24 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 17 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?