Woman faces DUI charges after Northeast Philadelphia crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 24-year-old woman is facing DUI charges after she lost control of her vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia, according to authorities.
Police say the woman was traveling west in the 2800 block of Welsh Road around 2:30 a.m. Sunday when she lost control and struck a parked truck.
The impact of that crash caused the truck to strike a parked car.
The woman's vehicle then flipped over striking a car traveling east on Welsh Road.
Firefighters freed the woman from her vehicle and she was taken by ambulance to Aria Health Torresdale for non-life-threatening injuries.
No other injuries have been reported.
The name of the driver has not been released.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, accident, DUI, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 4 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 47 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 18 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 48 min ago