Water main break forces evacuation of Johnny Brenda's in Fishtown
FISHTOWN - May 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 8-inch water main break forced the closure of the intersection of Frankford Avenue and Girard Avenue in the Fishtown section of Philadelphia.
The water main break was first reported around 1:00 a.m. Sunday and sent water cascading into the basement of Johnny Brenda's Bar & Restaurant, forcing them to evacuate the building.
Water company crews soon arrived and shut down the main.
There is no word yet on what caused the main break.
philadelphia, water main break, fishtown, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands