Water main break forces evacuation of Johnny Brenda's in Fishtown
FISHTOWN - May 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- An 8-inch water main break forced the closure of the intersection of Frankford Avenue and Girard Avenue in the Fishtown section of Philadelphia.
The water main break was first reported around 1:00 a.m. Sunday and sent water cascading into the basement of Johnny Brenda's Bar & Restaurant, forcing them to evacuate the building.
Water company crews soon arrived and shut down the main.
There is no word yet on what caused the main break.
philadelphia, water main break, fishtown, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 40 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 55 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 50 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 40 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
40 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
35 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos