Bicyclist struck in Kensington, driver charged with DUI
KENSINGTON - May 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash that critically injured a bicyclist in the city's Kensington section.
Police tell Action News that a 43-year-old male was struck by the driver of a Dodge van in the 2400 block of Frankford Avenue around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist into the air. He struck the driver's side door of a parked Acura MDX.
The driver of the MDX had just parked his car and was getting out when the bicyclist struck his door.
Medics transported the bicyclist to Hahnemann Hospital with spinal cord and head injuries. He is listed in critical condition.
The driver of the van faces DUI charges.
philadelphia, kensington, accident, DUI, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 33 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 20 min ago