Woodcrest Country Club in Cherry Hill to be auctioned off
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A country club that fell on hard times has become one of New Jersey's most desirable properties.
Woodcrest Country Club in Cherry Hill is being auctioned off on Monday. It takes up 155 acres in the middle of one of Philadelphia's biggest and most affluent suburbs.
The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill reports a company that develops apartment complexes and shopping centers is bidding. So is the Camden County government, saying it wants to prevent development.
Two other bidders want to keep Woodcrest as a golf course.
One is the Union League of Philadelphia. The other is a partnership headed by George Norcross. The Democratic political powerbroker is an insurance executive and one of the owners of The Philadelphia Inquirer.
The minimum bid is $6.25 million.
Information from: Courier-Post (Cherry Hill, N.J.), http://www.courierpostonline.com/
cherry hill, camden county, new jersey, economy, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 3 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 27 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 5 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
1 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
3 min ago