Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper University Hospital
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A nurse was treated for her injuries after she was viciously attacked outside Cooper University Hospital in Camden.
Investigators say the suspect, 26-year-old Monique Moore of Camden, was walking by and started yelling at a nurse, who was outside on break.
Then, police say, Moore charged at the nurse, grabbed her and began punching her in the face while "yelling angrily about the medical profession."
Then, police say, Moore smashed the nurse's face into a brick wall.
A passerby saw what was happening and pulled Moore off the nurse.
Hospital security held Moore until police arrived to arrest her.
Moore had two children with her at the time, police said, and they have been released to the custody of DYFS.
Moore is charged with 3rd degree aggravated assault and is being held on $20,000.
new jersey, camden, assault, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!