Cherry Hill East student injured in crash near school
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student was hospitalized after her car was broadsided by a dump truck near Cherry Hill East High School.
The accident occurred shortly after 2:00 p.m. Monday along the 1700 block of Kresson Road.
The student was leaving the school parking lot in her Honda Civic, and when she attempted to make a left onto Kresson the driver's side of her vehicle was struck by the dump trailer.
Police say the truck, loaded with gravel, was traveling eastbound on Kresson and was unable to stop in time.
The 18-year-old Cherry Hill East student was taken to Cooper University Hospital with head trauma and was listed in serious condition.
The student has not yet been identified.
Authorities say no charges are expected to be filed against the dump truck driver.
new jersey, cherry hill, accident, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 26 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 46 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom