Cherry Hill East student injured in crash near school
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - May 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student was hospitalized after her car was broadsided by a dump truck near Cherry Hill East High School.
The accident occurred shortly after 2:00 p.m. Monday along the 1700 block of Kresson Road.
The student was leaving the school parking lot in her Honda Civic, and when she attempted to make a left onto Kresson the driver's side of her vehicle was struck by the dump trailer.
Police say the truck, loaded with gravel, was traveling eastbound on Kresson and was unable to stop in time.
The 18-year-old Cherry Hill East student was taken to Cooper University Hospital with head trauma and was listed in serious condition.
The student has not yet been identified.
Authorities say no charges are expected to be filed against the dump truck driver.
new jersey, cherry hill, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos